The OBA membership year runs from October 1 through September 30 each year. Detailed below are the levels of membership. Click here to learn the benefits of each level. Also, you don't have to own a business to be a member! Please click on the button below to download the membership form. You may complete and save it to your computer, then email it to us. Or you may print, complete, and mail it to the address at the bottom of this page.
Levels of Membership
- Crown the Town, $2500
- Paint the Town, $1000
- Light the Town, $500
- Merry the Town, $250
- Business Basic, $150
- Individual/Family Membership, $50
- Non-Profit Organizations, $50
- Government/School, $50
- New Business, First Year Free*
*For brand new businesses. Must apply within first six months of establishment and have board approval.
Payment of Dues
- Membership dues may be paid by check payable to the "Oneonta Business Association."
- You may also asked to be invoiced after which you can send in a company check.
- You may also use the handy PayPal portal below. A $3 convenience fee has been added.
Why Join the OBA?
You get a BIG BANG for your membership investment in the way of advertising. All OBA events and efforts are publicized in the local newspaper and radio station WCRL, as well as on this website and our Facebook page and Instagram. By attending meetings and working together on projects, we network with one another. One business member may recommend you to another individual and that brings business to you! The OBA promotes local shopping and business! Your involvement is a win-win situation!
What are membership dues used to support?
Membership dues are used to sponsor events and advertising that will bring people to Oneonta to shop and see what we have to offer. Members are promoted through radio, TV, newspaper, and other media. The City of Oneonta also helps support the OBA with an annual appropriation. In past years, we received a grant through the Alabama Department of Tourism to help with half our website maintenance costs and member services; however, those funds are currently frozen due to COVID-19. With the continuation of the pandemic, most non-profit organizations have encountered financial challenges; however, the OBA membership has come through for the association in a big way and enables us to maintain and grow our various events and projects. THANK YOU!
When does the OBA meet?
- Quarterly Membership Mingles are held at various locations in Oneonta and are announced via mailed postcard, Facebook, website, and email newsletter. All members and individual interested in getting involved with the OBA are welcome to attend. Complimentary refreshments are served by the OBA and we'd love for you to be our guest. In our first year (2021) of Mingles, they were held after regular business hours, starting at 5:30 p.m. However, in 2022, we plan to alternate between luncheon and after-hours meetings. Stay tuned for news on our January 2022 Membership Mingle!
- Meetings of the board of directors are held in the board room of St. Vincent's Blount Hospital on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. These meetings are open to the membership and often people request to be placed on the agenda to share information about upcoming events and programs. To get on the agenda, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To attend a board meeting, Just enter through the ER entrance at St. Vincent's Blount. Due to COVID-19, you will be quickly screened. Tell them you are meeting with Greg Brown. Cross through the main lobby, then take an immediate right and go down the administration hallway. The meeting room is the fourth door on the left.
We encourage all members not just to join, but get involved. There is strength in numbers and we can make positive changes for our town if we all work together! As the song says...
...You get what you give!
Email us at email@example.com or call 205-813-7194.