2019 June Fling Booth Policy & Information
- Event Hours: Saturday, June 1, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Register & Pay Totally Online or Via Mail. Do not turn in your registration to an OBA member. This way, we don’t end up with registration forms becoming lost or misplaced or someone forgets to turn them in on time.
- Your registration will be confirmed by your receipt of a vendor postcard on which a number is located and will help to get you checked-in more swiftly on the day of the event. So bring the postcard with you, if possible. Postcards will not be replaced once mailed. Check-in will be more swift if you have your postcard.
- The number on your vendor postcard is NOT your booth or space number. You will not find out your booth space until you check-in on Saturday, June 1, 2019.
- Check-in for FOOD VENDORS is Saturday, June 1, 6:00 a.m. - 6:30 a.m. Please do not arrive too early because you may have to wait. All vehicles must be removed from the venue area by 8:00 a.m. unless they are part of your food booth (be sure to reserve sufficient space). Unload your vehicles quickly. Set up your booth after you have returned from parking your vehicle.
- Check-in for all other vendors is Saturday, June 1, 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. Please do not arrive too early because you may have to wait. All vehicles must be removed from the venue area by 8:00 a.m. No exceptions. Unload your vehicles quickly. Set up your booth after you have returned from parking your vehicle.
- Full payment for your booth must be made at the time your registration is submitted. If you require a receipt, just let us know and we will be sure to email, fax, or mail you one. Just indicate it on your registration form.
- There will be a $25 returned check fee.
- Important to Remember: You will not be considered registered until payment is received.
- Booth Assignments: Spaces are assigned on a first come, first served basis. A particular space cannot be guaranteed. Early registrants will receive booths located closer to the center of the venue area. The earlier you register, the better your location.
- No booths may give away or sell food UNLESS they are an approved FOOD VENDOR with a current Certificate of Insurance naming the OBA as an additional insured for that date (06-01-19). Non-profit or commercial booths may not sell or give away food or drinks.
- Non-Profit Organization Booths are allowed for schools, churches, and other groups recognized by the IRS as being non-profit and tax-exempt. Applicants may be asked to furnish proof of non-profit status. Do not apply as a non-profit unless you have these credentials.Please note that, per IRS, political campaign booths are NOT considered non-profit organizations and must register as a commercial booth.
- June Fling booth fees are as follows:
10 X 10 FT—$75 ($80 AFTER 04-01-19)
10 X 20 FT—$100 ($110 AFTER 04-01-19)
10 X 30 FT—$125 ($130 AFTER 04-01-19)
10 X 40 FT—$150 ($155 AFTER 04-01-19)
10 X 60 FT—$200 ($205 AFTER 04-01-19)
10 X 10 FT—$100 ($105 AFTER 04-01-19)
10 X 20 FT—$125 ($130 AFTER 04-01-19)
10 X 30 FT—$150 ($155 AFTER 04-01-19)
10 X 40 FT—$175 ($180 AFTER 04-01-19)
10 X 60 FT—$200 ($205 AFTER 04-01-19)
NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION BOOTHS
10 X 10 FT—$25 ($30 AFTER 04-01-19)
10 X 20 FT—$50 ($55 AFTER 04-01-19)
- Current members of the OBA with paid dues may receive a 50% discount on their booth fee. Those located within the venue area who desire booths located in close proximity to their stores must register by January 31, 2019, to be guaranteed that space.
- No subletting of vendor space is allowed without prior written consent from the OBA.
- Be sure to select the size booth required by your tent. Your tent legs cannot reach beyond your booth space. You must not infringe on other booths' space.
- Vendors must furnish any tables, chairs, and coverings (tents or canopies) needed for your booth. The booth area is paved (city street) so no tent stakes can be driven into the ground.
- No electricity is provided. If you need power, you must furnish your own generator that is in good working order and does not make excessive noise or produce fumes.
- We will accept only one vendor from a major line of merchandise (Mary Kay, Avon, Scentsy, Pink Zebra, Thirty-One, Tupperware, Paparazzi, etc.) so those vendors need to apply EARLY. First apply; first served. Before you register and pay, please check out the list of registered vendors on our website to see if your line of merchandise has already been registered by another vendor. We will have a waiting list for these vendors in the event one cancels, so please go ahead and let us know that you want to participate.
- All FOOD VENDORS must provide a Certificate of Insurance showing coverage of $1 million with the Oneonta Business Association as an additional insured for that date. This certificate of insurance must accompany the completed and signed application and booth fee. Questions regarding insurance should be directed to Candida Jumalon at Jim Murphree Insurance (OBA member) at 205-274-2378.
- FOOD VENDORS must agree to furnish a minimum number of meals/refreshment for VIPs of the festival, i.e., judges, performers, emcee, etc. The OBA will contact you in advance to arrange for food vouchers.
- FOOD VENDORS must supply a description of sale/menu items attached to their registration form. This information will be submitted to the health department in advance of the event.
- No vehicles will be allowed in the event area after 8:00 a.m. Please plan ahead to remove your vehicles as soon as you are unloaded!
- Do not play any recorded music on stereos or car systems during the event in the booth area near the stage. We have live entertainment planned throughout the event. If sound/music is required for your product sales/promotion, please indicate it on your registration form and your booth will be located away from the stage area.
- Booth vendors must not block the door of a business or place items on the sidewalks.
- Pets are allowed in the venue area; however, they must be leashed.
- Booths must remain in place until the event closing time of 4:00 p.m. No packing up and leaving early as it disrupts neighboring vendors and disappoints those patrons who do not arrive at the event until later in the day.
- Booth vendors are responsible for picking up their own trash and placing it in cans located throughout the downtown area. Please do not leave garbage on the ground.
- Only one commercial direct sales company per space. For example, a Scentsy booth cannot share space with a Tupperware booth....a Pink Zebra booth cannot share booth space with a Premier Jewelry booth. You are welcome to purchase multiple spaces for more room.
- Vendors must be present at their booths throughout the event to exhibit their product personally.
- Vendors may not leave their assigned booth spaces to sell, solicit, or distribute information in the walkways. You may only sell/operate within your assigned space.
- The OBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, or disability.
- The OBA is not responsible for sales or lack thereof. We do all kinds of promotional efforts but cannot control the crowd size or weather or your sales.
- Any problems during the event should be communicated promptly to representatives at the OBA booth at the check-in area.
- Lost and found will also be located at the OBA booth at the check-in area. Please note that the OBA cannot be responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- The OBA will provide portable toilets located on 2nd Street on the side of Regions Bank and on Railroad Blvd. Public restroom facilities are also available near the gazebo at 4th Street/1st Avenue East.
- THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT. We will not postpone the event due to spring showers. Most vendors bring canopy tents or plastic to cover their merchandise. As long as there is no lightning, we will try to weather through any showers and continue the event. Any cancellations and updates will be posted on our website and on our Facebook page. No refunds will be given.
- Special Note about Event Management: The Oneonta Business Association is a non-profit organization and has no paid staff. All workers are volunteers. If you live locally and would like to volunteer, please contact us at 205-446-0462 or email email@example.com.