Note: All photos must be high resolution with minimum 300 dpi. Ordinarily, these high quality photos are taken with cameras, not smart phones. As of July 4, 2021, all photos submitted have not met the 300 dpi requirement. So the deadline has been extended to allow all photographers to submit entries that meet our specs. Thank you!
Grab Your Cameras, Oneonta!
The Oneonta Business Association is sponsoring the first Explore Oneonta Photo Competition and you are invited to enter your best images of our beloved hometown and its people. We invite you to capture what is special to you about the community and send us your cream of the crop photography! Photos can be representative of Oneonta history, community life, open space, recreation, arts, culture, or anything that embodies the spirit of what living in Oneonta means.
What makes a photo a winner? Technical quality, clarity, and composition are all important, but so is flair for the unexpected and the ability to capture a picture-perfect moment. Contest entries will be judged on overall quality, creativity, and how well the photograph portrays the City of Oneonta. Some of the photos will be selected to appear on the lamppost banners displayed in late summer. They may also appear in the magazine Explore Oneonta. All approved entries will appear on the OBA’s website. Contestants will also be invited to exhibit their entries in a special gallery at the Cruise & Croon event on Saturday, October 30, 2021, in downtown Oneonta.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the official entry form and to upload your photos.
Competition Rules & Guidelines
- Entries will be accepted through August 15, 2021.
- Entrants must live, work, or attend school in Oneonta. If you are a pro photographer, you work everywhere, so please enter!
- There is no fee to enter the contest and it is open to all photographers, both professional and amateur.
- Photos must be taken within the City Limits of Oneonta, Alabama and must be submitted by the original photographer.
- Photos entered in the competition can be taken at any time.
- Contestants must be 18 years old and older; however, parents of minor children can submit photos on their behalf.
- Each participant may submit up to three (3) photos.
- Photos must be suitable for display in public places, the OBA website, and social media.
- Photos may not have previously been published. Photos originally posted on Facebook or Instagram are permitted, but we must have the original file, not a file copied from the internet.
- Photos must be high resolution digital images in jpg file format with a minimum of 300 dpi. File size should be between 3-9 megabytes. Photos taken with smart phones usually do not meet these standards. Do not submit photos until you have checked to make sure of they meet these standards. Here is a helpful article: https://publimetry.com/are-your-smartphone-high-resolution-images-enough-for-printing-probably-how-to-find-out/
- Do not put a watermark on your submitted photograph.
- If an identifiable person appears in the photo, they must sign and date a photo release (soon available on our website). Submit the release at the time of your entry. It is the contestant’s responsibility to secure this signed release and submit it with the entry.
- Computer screenshots will not be accepted.
- Photos will be disqualified if they were taken in any way that violates the City’s municipal code or if they depict activities that are illegal, dangerous, or discouraged in Oneonta.
- Other disqualifications may occur if the photo contains material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to third-party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights. Photos must contain no logos.
- Contestants must grant the OBA intellectual property rights to reproduce the phots for non-commercial, educational, promotional, or publicity purposes.
- Contestants will maintain the copyright to the work.
- The OBA reserves the right to remove from the contest any submitted image that depicts illegal, unsafe, patently offensive, or otherwise inappropriate content, advertising, or any other content that the OBA deems contrary to the goals and intent of the contest.
- By submitting your entry, you confer to the OBA the ability to alter images as necessary to fit into reduced or enlarged format sizes and templates.
- The Photo Contest Entry Agreement must be completed. Its submission indicates your agreement to abide by the contest rules.
- Your submission indicates your agreement to release the OBA, its agents, officials, and volunteers from and against all liability including copyright or patent infringement, claims, or causes of action arising out of this agreement.
- Information contained in these official rules is for reference only and is subject to change. The OBA reserves the right to revise, amend, or repeal these contest rules at any time.
- Grand prize winner will receive a $300 gift certificate to be spent at a local Oneonta business of their choice. Winner may choose to split the prize between three local businesses.
NOTE ABOUT UPLOADING PHOTO(S)
If you experience difficulty uploading the photos within the entry form below, you may upload to a special dropbox folder by clicking the button below. Be sure to rename your photo file so we will know it's yours when it lands in the dropbox. Thank you!